Sunday 1 November 2009

Food: Woki it to me!

Last night I was desperate for some Vietnamese soup brought to my door. I´d had a lazy day and since I was alone I couldn´t be bothered to cook. Could I find one? Could I fuck!! I managed to locate two Vietnamese restaurants, but none of them delivered, and furthermore, none of them made Pho, which makes me question their authenticity as Vietnamese restaurants. I ended up in McDonald´s instead, but let´s not get into that one.

This afternoon, whilst wandering around my barrio looking for a place to have some food and read the newspapers, I came across a noodle bar called Woki. OK, so it´s not Vietnamese, but it set off last night´s craving again, and I thought better to try this and see what happens than traipse around El Borne for nothing. So I did, and I have to say, my egg noodles with beef, spinach, broccoli and green beans was quite delicious. Yes, it´s a chain (but a small one) and one of those ´concept´places, the idea being that you choose your base (rice noodles, egg noodles or rice), the ingredients (too many to list here) and the sauce (I opted for the ´House Secret¨which was an oyster sauce - dunno why they had to keep that secret!!). Not quite the most groundbreaking of ideas, but hey, it works.

The food was good, and definitely worth going for again. And what´s better, they do take away, and deliver, so next time I couldn´t be arsed with cooking, I know who I´ll be calling. They even sell Asian ingredients, so at some point, I might even have a go at it myself.

Woki, C/Carders 6, 08003 tel: 93 315 27 95
(there are other branches in Gracia and Barceloneta)

www.wokimarket.com

1 comment:

  1. I tried out the one in Barceloneta and the food was AMAZING. This is easly the best noodle bar in town. HIGHLY recommended!!!

    ReplyDelete