Wednesday 11 November 2009

Yves-il Saint Laurent?



 

                               The Old (above) vs The New (below)

Take one hugely influential but slightly past his prime ageing French-Algerian fashion designer, reputed to have been born with a nervous breakdown, and his business and romantic partner, a man with a huge superiority complex. Then add a hugely influential, handsome young control freak, who has already taken one previously forgotten fashion house to stellar heights and is not about to do the same to the house that you've been forced to sell. Whaddaya get? Schoolgirl behaviour  at the house of YSL, of course. Tom Ford spills the beans on the December/January The Advocate, in which he says:




"Being at Yves Saint Laurent was such a negative experience for me even though the business boomed while I was there. Yves and his partner Pierre Berge were so difficult and so evil and made my life such misery. I've never talked about this on the record before, but it was such an awful time for me ... I have letters from Yves Saint Laurent that are so mean you cannot believe such vitriol is possible. I just think he was jealous, and Yves and I were friends before I took over the company. But then when we began to move the company forward and were very successful .... he just became so insanely jealous. Pierre and Yves were just evil. So Yves Saint Laurent doesn't exist for me ..."


Watch the old guard jump in YSL's defense and at TF's throat any day now


No comments:

Post a Comment